Tuesday, May 26, 2009

There's nothing quite as romantic as the first snowfall of the summer...

An unusually warm and pleasant spring left me itching to get into the outdoors and reconsidering my decision to wait until the end of June before I head to the Grey Islands. Right on cue an end-of-May snowfall has blown in to remind me that this is Newfoundland, and that I won't be going anywhere any time soon:



Even Kennyloggins, my roommates cat, is in a state of irritated disbelief:



















On the upside, I had a great day of receiving packages yesterday. My firearms Possession and Acquisition License finally arrived, along with a few boxes of books I sent myself from Regina. More importantly though, my package from MEC arrived. This included a Thermos, a new tent and groundsheet, a wind-up radio, flashlights, a sleeping bag liner, and my solar panel battery charger. Which brings me to a point: maybe I shouldn't complain about the weather too much - the snow arrived just in time to test my solar panel (which is currently trickle charging a pair of AA batteries despite the lack of any actual solar activity today) in potential Grey Islands-like conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment