Thursday, May 21, 2009

Update

It's been a while since my last post, but I'm not that sure I have anything exciting to report. Preparations continue at a reasonable pace: this week I'm learning to use my new GPS unit and making great headway with my food planning. New tent is on order from MEC and I just picked up a book about foraging for seaweed. My firearm Possession and Acquisition License should be coming in the mail someday soon. And I got (but haven't yet set up) my Spot device.

There are still a few logistical things that are worrisome to me. I still haven't finalized the details of shipping my bricks to Conche, although Paul Bromley says he will have no problem receiving them for me and getting them out to the islands. and I haven't yet figured out how I'm getting myself to Conche, but my roommate's friend Jordan tells me he might have to drive to Roddickton in June for work. That'd be more than ideal, but I haven't actually talked to him about it yet cause he doesn't seem to answer his phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment