Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Progress

A few things of note this week:

I went and had another visit with Renee and Duncan Finlayson, my sailor friends. I borrowed their food dehydrator and have my first load of apples, onions and garlic drying right now. I guess the apples will end up tasting like garlic, but this is just a test batch to see how the whole system works.



Also, I picked up my bear bangers and flares from The Outfitters today. Later this evening I'm going to run over to Fort Amherst to shoot a few off. I need to know how to use these things before I need to use them. Funny story - the guy who sold them to me said "You should buy as many of these as you can afford, because you're going to be bored out of your fucking mind out there alone for three months."



There are a few things that I've been avoiding getting into that I'm going to have to deal with this week. My transportation to and from Conche, and shipping my bricks and other gear to the islands. These necessary logistics are not the fun part.

No comments:

Post a Comment