Thursday, March 12, 2009

Visitors

Many people have asked about visiting me during the summer. It actually shouldn't be too hard to arrange. There is a guy who goes back and forth regularly in his longliner for a reasonable price, and I should have some telephone contact while I'm out there. I suppose the hardest part would be driving all the way up to Conche.

Someone asked whether having visitors would interfere with The Grey Islands. Not at all! In fact I think it would be a very enriching experience. While solitude is an important part of the project I won't turn you away if you want to come for a day or a weekend or even a week. I'm going to be out there for a lot longer than that so seriously, it's not going to take away from the rustic experience of it for me. There are a few people who've already promised to come visit - David, Linda and Isabella are going to visit later in August when the berries are ripe.

So when I get things figured out a little more I will post about how best to visit me on the Grey Islands over the summer. It would be fun. All I ask is that you bring me some fresh fruit and other treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment