Monday, March 30, 2009

Busy Times

It has been very busy times here in the past couple weeks. In addition to my regular part-time job making pots with Alexis Templeton I've picked up another part-time gig repairing bikes for BikeShare. It's a pretty ideal situation really - I can spend the morning in the bike shop and the evening in the studio.

I also committed myself to working one day a week at A1C. Normally it's a really fun thing to do - just sit in the gallery all day and chat with whoever comes in. But the show we have in there now I find really off-putting, and so do most of our visitors. I would guess the average visit length is in the 20 to 40 second range - people come in then turn around and go straight back out again. It's not offensive or anything, just really, really uncomfortable.

And for the next couple days I will be teaching a workshop at the Craft Council called Ceramics and Social Engagement. We are going to be exploring social practice in relation to ceramics and performing a group artistic intervention.

So in the past little while I've been lax as far as The Grey Islands is concerned. Today I'm going to make an effort to get something done, token as it may be. So I will make a "to do" list:

*Apply for Firearms Purchase and Acquisition License
*Look for bricks
*Talk to Renee and Duncan - shotgun, first aid, dehydrator, tent
*Get an MCP card
*Get a physical exam
*Email Gerry - solar gear
*Irish Museum of Modern Art residency application
*Long Beach residency application
*Eye appointment
*Call Craig Strang
*Blood test
*Talk to pharmacist
*Pick a date to leave!
*Complete my gear list and go shopping!
*Call Paul Bromley
*Make a new budget
*Shipping bricks to Conche?
*Get that Land and Sea eider duck episode
*Ship my gear to Conche
*Go shooting
*Email Nicole
*Investigate provincial firearms regulations
*Get my book back
*Get an SLR
*Figure out GPS
*Extensive solar panel testing
*Keep drying lots of food
*Go food shopping
*Figure out transportation to and from Conche
*Find my fishing gear
Email Bruce
Call Pauline
Get a video camera
Kiln design
Dental appointment


Hmmm...it's a bit overwhelming to look at it all written down like this. But the sooner I start crossing things off the list the better.

2 comments:

  1. are you going to cross these off the list on the blog...i would like to see that.

    and....you are blog shaming me. i need to get my reactivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put stars next to the completed items. I will also add items to this list as they come along.

    ReplyDelete