Monday, October 26, 2009

Finally, a product

Yes, I will finally be exhibiting an actual work dealing with my Grey Islands experience. It is a short looping video (19 seconds) titled Iceberg Paintings. At some point last winter I got it into my head that I was going to paint icebergs. Not on a canvas or anything like that, but actually go out in a boat and put paint on an iceberg. When I considered how ridiculously unsafe it would be to try to do that with a brush I had the brilliant idea that I would use a paintball gun. By the time I got to the Grey Islands, it seemed more than poetic enough - and a little less simplistic - to just have at an iceberg with my 12 gauge. Here's a still from the video:



The video will be exhibited at Eastern Edge Gallery in the soon to be opening Annual Members Exhibit.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great Mike.
    I'm sorry I'll be missing your upcoming VANL talk too, I'm sure it will be great.

    ReplyDelete